With all of the buzz about “the cloud”, it’s easy to forget the cloud is built with tons of copper, steel, cement — and not fuzzy cotton balls floating in the sky.
We are co-located in the EvoSwitch Datacenter in Haarlem, The Netherlands.
Evoswitch employs all the required safety and security measures required for Tier 3 and is ISO 20153 certified.
EU, not USA:
Evoswitch a fully European-owned company, and that’s of vital important: we’re not subjected to U.S. laws, UK laws, or any other non-Netherlands laws (or non-Cyprus laws). It’s is 100% owned and operated in Amsterdam, and that matters to us. We’re a European company with a mostly-European clientele. The NSA, FBI, CIA and other 3-letter USA entities have no authority here. Same for DMCA; we honor only proper Netherlands take-down notices.
Some of the features include:
- 4 x 2000 kva Generator back-up @ N+1
- UPS system – redundant parallel formation @ N+1
- Close control downflow air conditioning units @ N+1
- 2 independent AC chilled water systems @ N+1
- 6 MVA of UPS conditioned power @ N+1
- Diverse Power Supplies with diesel generator backup
- Aspiration Smoke Detection Apparatus (ASD) installed
- Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus (VESDA) installed
- MIST fire suppression system
- CCTV system covering all entrances/exits and main areas
- 24-hour video recording
- Full perimeter alarm
- Security card access system
- Visual verification of all persons entering the data floor
Also watch this nifty video on Youtube, that showcases their operation:
Read about how our datacenter survived Amsterdam’s largest power outage this century, with zero downtime.